Preschoolat Holy Cross Lutheran School
Our School’s Mission & Vision
Christian Faith and Challenging Academics
The mission of Holy Cross Lutheran School is to provide a Christ-centered, nurturing ministry for children and their families, with an emphasis on academic excellence.
Holy Cross offers a Preschool ministry for children ages 2 through Pre-K.
Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool:
- Is an extension of the ministry of Holy Cross Lutheran Church to the young child and the parents of our community.
- Believes that a good beginning for every child is of great importance.
- Believes that parents have the primary responsibility and privilege to provide the first Christian instruction and training for the child.
- Can strengthen and support the parents in this responsibility by assisting and nurturing the child in his spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical needs.
- Focuses on the total development of each individual child.
- Has a flexible and child-centered curriculum with warm and caring teachers.
- Provides quality education with experienced and qualified teachers.
Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool provides a fun, flexible, Christian atmosphere of teaching and learning experiences to enable children to:
- Develop a strong, positive self-worth as a valued child of God.
- Formulate social and emotional skills appropriate for home and school.
- Develop cognitive and motor skills appropriate for each child through the philosophy that a child’s work is his play.
- Initiate and Maintain spiritual growth through weekly Bible stories and daily intervention of activities with Jesus Christ as his Savior.
The curriculum is carefully planned to provide continuity and progressive development of the children. Children enrolled learn to feel good about themselves as they learn to work with others. The curriculum includes:
- Bible Stories
- Music and Rhythmic Movement
- Art Activities
- Reading and Math Readiness
- Nature and Science Experiences
- Alphabet and Numerical Activities
- Motor Coordination
- Language Development
- Visual & Auditory
- Perception Activities
Each day has a balance of free choice and group activity, quiet play and active play, indoor and outdoor play, and large and small muscle manipulation activities.