Holy Cross has developed a number of partnerships with organizations in our community. Here are ways you can get involved this month:
- Outreach Inc. has asked Holy Cross if we would help organize their Thanksgiving dinner for their teens. It would be Friday, November 10, at Cornerstone downtown for around 100 youth who are experiencing homelessness. We are looking to build a team of 10 or more volunteers. Email Andrea Hauser if you are interested.
- Outreach Inc, is hosting their annual Walk-a-thon on Sunday, May 21 at 1:00pm. Last year the Hubbard small group walked together! (How fun!) To learn more about Walking for Dreams, click here.
Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief
- Tim Grese is working on organizing a disaster relief mission trip to Mississippi in May in response to the tornados that struck the area. Email Andrea Hauser if you would be interested in going on that trip.
- Family Hope (familyhope.info) will be our Impact offering in August. They are doing amazing work. Family Hope is a collaboration of area churches providing supportive relationships for isolated families. They are a Christian, non-profit operating through a team of trained and vetted volunteers who offer temporary hosting to children, connections and guidance for parents, and a bridge to family stability. You can learn more about them by attending one of these info sessions.
Naomi Comfort Dog Ministry
- Naomi and her team recently went to Nashville to offer comfort and the hope of Jesus to the victims of Covenant School. You can watch the news interview here. If you are interested in getting involved in this ministry, please email Andrea Hauser.
The Sharing Place – Food Pantry
- The Sharing Place is located here in Lawrence. Holy Cross recently delivered 204 Easter baskets to the Sharing Place. We are always seeking drivers for our Saturday home deliveries. It only takes about an hour and you only deliver to about 5 homes. Our next Saturday delivery is June 17. Email Andrea Hauser if you can help with this.
Hope Center Indy
- T.A.M.A.R. Training Method: The Institute for Shelter Care is leveraging its expertise in trauma and abuse to equip the faithful to respond to the sexually wounded with compassion and wisdom. This training is interactive with group activities and discussion, equipping the Church to respond when someone is affected by sexual abuse and trauma. The cost to attend is $25 a person and it includes lunch! More info here. Email Andrea Hauser if you are interested in attending.