Holy Cross Worship Plan for May-June 2020
As we continue to adjust and make plans for worship, we will be following CDC Guidelines as well as our Governor and Mayor’s Guidelines including masks and social distancing. We are working to provide a healthy and worshipful experience and appreciate the fact we can have different perspectives on these issues and yet choose to respect the views of others as we live together in Christian love.
Memorial Day Weekend, Sunday, May 24
Online Only Live Stream – 8:30 Classic Praise and 11:00 Contemporary
Sunday, May 31 – June 28
We will have Two Identical Drive-In Worship Services at 9:00 and 11:00 in the parking lot. Each service will contain a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary songs.
- Please note the time change for summer services this year. The 9:00 will be live streamed online for those who choose to stay home.
- Bible Study will take a break during the summer months this year. (There will be no online or in-person Bible studies.)
- The building will remain closed (which means no bathrooms!) We apologize for the inconvenience, but plan to keep each service 45-50 minutes long.
- People should stay in their cars.
- All cars should enter through the Faith Life Center driveway.
- Parking lot attendants will direct you where to park.
- We will broadcast the services via FM transmitter to your car radio.
- We will serve Holy Communion in individual packets, and plan to distribute through your car window.
- A bulletin with words and readings will be emailed with the weekly Update email on Fridays, so you can print out a copy beforehand or read on your phone or tablet while in your car. (For safety reasons, we cannot hand out bulletins at this time.)
- A physical offering will not be taken.
- We will dismiss cars in an orderly fashion.
- We are planning a reservation process, so that we are not forced to turn people away in the event the parking lot fills up. (We will only be able to use every-other parking space.)
- More information on this will be sent out in next week’s weekly email Update.
- In the event of bad weather, we will announce our plans in the weekly email Update on Friday and on our website org.
- If we are not able to be outside, we will broadcast our 9:00 service from inside the gymnasium and you can watch online from home.
We currently hope to have our first Worship Services in the building on July 5.
- We will continually monitor the Covid-19 situation and plan to return to worshipping indoors when we believe we can provide a safe and meaningful worship experience without the fear of getting people sick.